La Cigale is an ultra-exclusive, one booking at a time villa founded on the warmth of a family home. Positioned on an exceptional beach, La Cigale is so much more than a stunning house with indulgent accommodations. The team at La Cigale delivers discreet, intuitive service infused with heartfelt Seychellois hospitality. You can relax, knowing everything will be incomparable, from your bespoke holistic spa treatments and diverse array of energising wellness activities to the unmatched access to Seychelles multi-cultural and natural heritage.
• Recharge with wellness activities tailored to your personal goals and requirements
• Elegantly styled, colonial plantation house comprising five (5) ensuite bedrooms
• Four (4) stylishly modern, independent Creole-style garden pool suites
• Spacious dining room showcasing local artworks and serving sumptuous Seychellois cuisine and international dishes
• Creole-inspired and international cuisine served anytime and anywhere around the Estate incorporating fresh, locally sourced organic ingredients
• Cocktail bar
• World-class, dine-in wine cellar with sommelier-selected New and Old-World wines
• Spacious, well-equipped entertainment and media room
• Full-size American pool table, shuffleboard area, ping pong table and petanque
• State of the art gym equipped with the latest TECHNOGYM equipment
• Surfboards, bodyboards, and paddleboards plus single and tandem kayaks
• 24 hours floodlit tennis court with a personal coach upon request
• 24 hours spa facilities and treatments
• Outdoor swimming pool overlooking tropical gardens
• Engaging and educational activities customized for your children to experience the luxury of travel and discovery
• Beach, garden, and interior celebration venues for private and exclusive events around the Estate
• Eco-friendly and sustainably driven, La Cigale operates mainly on solar energy and using local products
Excluded in the full board nightly rates:
• Cellar wines and specialty spirits charged separately; pricing available on property. (Drinks on the reserve list, including wines and spirits)
• Helicopter sightseeing tours
• Helicopter transfers between Mahe and Praslin Island
• Private car transfer between Praslin airport and or Baie Ste Anne Jetty to the Estate
• All other Spa treatments as per the Spa & Wellness menu
• Private Yoga, Private Meditation, Private Tennis Coach, Private Gym Trainer
• Private boat hire for half or full day excursion
• Private fishing trip for half or full day
• Diving trips
MAIN HOUSE – GROUND FLOOR
Suite 1 – king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower, and private terrace
Suite 2 – king-size bed, en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower, and private terrace
MAIN HOUSE – FIRST FLOOR
Suite 3 – king-size bed, sitting area, en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower, and terrace access
Suite 4 – 2 x twin beds, sitting area, en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower, and private terrace
Suite 5 (Master) – king-size bed, living area, en-suite bathroom with bathtub & separate shower, and private terrace
NB: Additional beds available for children in selected bedrooms.
GUEST HOUSE ONE
Bedroom 6 – king-size bed, living area, en-suite bathroom with bathtub, separate shower & private courtyard with outdoor shower, and private terrace with plunge pool
Bedroom 7 – king-size bed, living area, en-suite bathroom with bathtub, separate shower & private courtyard with outdoor shower, and private terrace with plunge pool
GUEST HOUSE TWO
Bedroom 8 – king-size bed, living area, en-suite bathroom with bathtub, separate shower & private courtyard with outdoor shower, and private terrace with plunge pool
Bedroom 9 – king-size bed, living area, en-suite bathroom with bathtub, separate shower & private courtyard with outdoor shower, and private terrace with plunge pool
Other beaches not to be missed include Anse Lazio and Anse Georgette, with their bright white sand and turquoise waters.
The crystal-clear waters are perfect for water sports like swimming, surfing, windsurfing, sailing, and kayaking. Underwater, snorkelers and divers will spot a stunning array of marine wildlife such as parrotfish, angelfish, starfish, octopuses, stingrays, grey reef sharks, and endangered hawksbill sea turtles to name but a few.
Just a short drive from the villa is the beautiful Vallée de Mai Nature Reserve – a UNESCO World Heritage site with a palm forest relatively unchanged since prehistoric times. The country’s unique Coco de Mer palm fruit grows here, and the forest is home to a variety of wildlife such as black parrots, sunbirds, bronze geckos and tiger chameleons.
The neighbouring islands of La Digue and Curieuse are both must-see destinations. Laid-back La Digue is largely car-free and is best known for the world-famous Anse Source d’Argent beach with its white sands and ancient granite boulder formations. Inland, visitors can explore the Veuve Nature Reserve, which is home to the critically-endangered black paradise flycatcher bird.
Curieuse also boasts giant granite rock formations along its beaches, unspoiled mangrove forests inland, and a protected giant tortoise population.
Cote d’Or Beach – direct access
Vallee de Mai – 10 minutes’ drive
Baie Ste Anne Jetty – 10 minutes’ drive
Anse Lazio Beach – 15 minutes’ drive
Anse Georgette Beach – 25 minutes’ drive
Praslin Airport – 20 minutes’ drive
La Digue – 15 minutes’ boat ride
Mahé Island – 60 minutes’ boat ride / 15 minutes’ flight
ABOUT THE AREA
Tropical and mountainous Praslin Island, or Île de Palme, is the second largest in the Seychelles archipelago of more than 100 emerald isles in the western Indian Ocean, at 2.5 miles (4 km) wide and 7 miles (11 km) long. A mere 7% of the Seychelles population lives on our island which is home to abundant natural resources including the Seychelles’ famous vanilla and the fresh organic vegetables sourced daily by the chefs at La Cigale.
Côte d’Or beach is located along the island’s north-eastern shores. It was here on Praslin that the 19th-century British General Charles George Gordon declared he had found the Garden of Eden as he sailed between the Crown and the Far East. Today, getting to La Cigale could not be easier, with Praslin a mere 25 miles (40 km) northeast of the international airport on Mahé Island, and accessible by private jet (prior authorization required; can be arranged by La Cigale upon advance request), a private charter from Mahé Island to Praslin Island, and by a 15-minute flight aboard a twin-engine turboprop aircraft operated several times each day by Air Seychelles. Equally, there are several options to arrive at La Cigale by sea, either aboard a private yacht or one of the many ferries that run daily between Praslin and Mahé (60 minutes) and La Digue (15 minutes). Private car transfers can be arranged from Baie Ste Anne jetty (10 minutes to the Estate) or Praslin airport (20 minutes to the Estate).